GENERAL COMMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
The strongest aspects of the Draft Plan are:
- the actions aimed at promoting best practice techniques: section 4.2;
- a number of actions that aim to improve knowledge about feral cats;
including section 4.4; and
- the recommended changes to the Cat Management Act; section 4.6.
The weakest aspects of Draft Plan are:
- the lack of commitment to actual control or eradication of feral cats:
- an inadequate understanding of the most effective approaches to
community education and behavioural change; sections 4.1 and 4.3;
- that the clarification of the roles and responsibilities of state government
land management authorities and local councils is yet to be done and
may not be included in the final plan: section 4.7.